Steam opens Dead Island preorders with bonus content

By Matthew
Jul 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. We've had no shortage of zombie-themed games in recent years, but if you haven't had your fill of undead carnage, you might want to step in line for a taste…

Read the whole story
  2. GORY! just how i like it!
  3. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 956   +96

The game looks great and I want to play it, but i wish the special zombies descriptions weren't so similar to SI's in L4D.

The Ram - Charger
    The Drowner - Spitter
    The Suicider - Boomer
    The Butcher - Hunter?
  4. j05hh

j05hh Newcomer, in training Posts: 95   +15

looks repetitive
  5. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

looks fun, however, i would like to try a demo first.
  6. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 884   +171

Same here, Either way the game so looks promising.
  7. Looks like a great console port.
  8. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,658   +57

Looks like left for dead 2 with slow zombies, 4 player max co-op. Thumbs down. Will be good for those in love with left 4 dead and just want more content. How hard is it to think of new enemy types and hell how hard is it to have more then 7 types of enemies?
  9. @2:22 That is a boomer!
  10. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,332   +381

I like sandbox type games anyway, zombies are a plus, so I'm getting this. Looks like "Far Cry" with zombies to me. I personally don't give a rip about zombie comparisons to L4D. If I worried about similarities in games, then my game library would amount to about 5 games instead of 100.
  11. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

Some BnM establishments have much better deals featuring the same digital content as well as Turtle Beach PX21 (or X2s in some stores) gaming headset. Some even feature the usual 'pre-order pack' of a tee, keyring, postcards and what-not.

I am leaning towards the BnM pack on this one…

12. empty crap.

LOOKS like far cry and that's about as far as it goes.
  13. Coodu

Coodu TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179

This is how I feel to be honest. I think I'll definitely wait for a couple reviews to shed some light on the game, but I have enough interested chaps to play with that it could make for some excellent weekend multiplayer :)

We shall see. Fills a nice void since I didn't bother with L4D2 import to Australia to avoid the censored POS that we got.
  14. tehbanz

tehbanz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

Just thought of one! (meaning its not that hard)

"The Plague Bearer" inside his skin crawls thousands of (insert bug here) the plague bearer can communicate with said insects and send them to swarm you, causing Damage over Time (until a teamate knocks them off) or makes you take amplified damage for X time. also causing blindness and slowed movement, due to the bugs swarming your skin/added weight.

Amidoinitrite? also - this plays off the fears of many individuals, fear of bugs etc. not to mention the gross out factor. imagine like on your screen you see nothing but bugs crawling around on your screen *shudder* and that zzzzzz noise that we all love so much.

(i should copyright this, soon some DLC will come in L4D with an "ALL NEW, ENTIRELY ORIGINAL, special infected thought up by Gabe himself!)
  15. Far Cry meets Left 4 Dead with graphics to match (Far Cry 1).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.