TechSpot

Steam sale: 66% off Total War games

By Matthew
Feb 12, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calling all war strategy fanatics: Steam has deeply discounted the Total War Mega Pack, which consists of Medieval II: Total War ($6.79), Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms ($5.09), Rome: Total War - Gold ($3.39), Rome: Total War - Alexander ($3.39), and Empire: Total War ($10.19). The games have been cut by 66% in celebration of the newly available Elite Units of the East DLC for Empire: Total War, and when purchased as a bundle they cost $20.39.

Read the whole story
  2. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 581   +32

The news a little late, but that's alright the sale is still on. Anyways I'm going to pass this deal by. I'll wait till they're done with making new dlcs and release a final all inclusive version. I've been burnt before by not waiting (so what if I don't have the latest and greatest games).
  3. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Total War games are amazingly fun and a must for any RTT fan. Been playing RTW since it came out and haven't gotten bored with it. The modding community for the TW series is also superb, myself playing Roma Surrectum for RTW. Maybe I should pick up ETW since I haven't played it yet :) .
  4. cyrusjumpjet

cyrusjumpjet TS Member Posts: 93

Uhhh... they had the same sale a few days ago but I definitely paid about $13 for Empire Total War.
    WTF!! Oh well, $3 difference isn't enough to make a fuss over, haha.
  5. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 975   +31

Much as I'm tempted, I know I'll never play another RTS again, as they're too time consuming. If I ever get to when I can play again (maybe when I retire and the kids leave home, many years into the future) and these games are still playable (some emulation on whatever Linux/ARM system will be dominant at the time), I might get them.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.