Steam weekend sale: Borderlands for $24.99 (50% off)

By Matthew
Apr 2, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steam has rolled out its weekend sale, marking 50% off Gearbox Software's Borderlands, for a total price of $24.99 or $74.98 for the four pack. Released last October, the game is a unique mash-up of sci-fi FPS and action-RPG. While you engage enemies in a familiar FPS style, role-playing elements sprinkled throughout, such as character building and quests.

Read the whole story
  2. PaulWuzHere

PaulWuzHere TechSpot Maniac Posts: 378

Installing know, gotta love a wacky FPS
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,332   +381

Crap...another game that I'll buy but probably will never play. Hating discounts.... :(
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,051   +84 Staff Member

:D Yep, and then you'll be kicking yourself because it'll be on sale again next month for $9.99.
  5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,332   +381

LOL...well yeah.
  6. cyrusjumpjet

cyrusjumpjet TechSpot Member Posts: 93

Yay, saw this right before this news blip was posted and purchased!

Steam is really good about having these sales on games that I've been waiting to buy. But my bank account is hurting because of it :(

Just installed and played through the introductory stages. So far the game is pretty fun and the style is really refreshing. No qualms so far about the game feeling like a console port -- I've seen much worse. This is pretty slick.
  7. Reloader2

Reloader2 Newcomer, in training Posts: 66

Yeah. Bought it as well. Those Steam discounts are horrible. Oh well they are fun :D
  8. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 714   +28

I was waiting for this price at Xmas but it never came . Grabbed it as soon as I saw it - good fun to play already.
  9. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 971   +30

BTW, same price at Direct2Drive.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.