SteelSeries announces exclusive Diablo III peripherals

By Emil
Jun 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. SteelSeries today announced a co-branding partnership with Blizzard Entertainment. The result is the SteelSeries Diablo III family of products: the Diablo III Mouse ($70.00 or €70.00), the Diablo III Headset…

Read the whole story
  2. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

I'm in the market for a new mouse after my MX518 died. Maybe this new mouse will turn out to be a nice replacement.

Erm also why do they cost the same in euros as in dollars. 1 euro is 1.45 USD. Friggin tariffs on electronics in other countries. That must suck big time.
  3. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 800   +201

All of the recent gaming headsets have been terrible.
    Just nice looking junk.

Will they actually make a headset worth a damn this time?
    Probably not.
  4. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Just take a pair of good headphones and remove all the bass using an equalizer, you now have a headset.

Joking aside I just use a pair of HD555's with a mic mod that sennheiser does if you request it at a server center.
  5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Yeah, no kidding, that's a huge markup.
  6. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,648   +51

Your paying extra for the Diablo 3 logo on em. Release the game before you release peripherals!
  7. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

"able to bring out the Diablo III theme onto a player?s desktop."

And charge more in an attempt to get some half-brained fanboy with nostalgia goggles on to buy it.

Image if people were smarter and didn't buy this useless crap. We'd actually have some quality products!
  8. jetkami

jetkami Newcomer, in training Posts: 99

The 1st Diablo was AWESOME! The second was mediocre at best. I was not impressed by Starcraft 2 at all. Hey Blizzard...Make the game AWESOME and THEN bugger me for extra cash. If Diablo III is as bad as SC2 I will toss my pc and get my Coleco Vision out and hello Zaxxon!
  9. I've got the merc Stealth and the 3GC PC game pad from Steel series, i have to say they have the WORSE driver update ever.. I'm still waiting on some sort of driver update for my Merc Stealth, ever since SP1 came out for win 7 X64 the original SW is a no go, contacted them 2 days after the release of SP1.. their initial suggestion was to try the European drivers over the north American.. that was the last I heard from them.. I'm never buying another Steel series product, I would suggest that anyone considering doing so be fore warned.
  10. I have the steelseries wow mouse...its junk, I won't ever buy another of their products, not only is the mouse junk, the service backing this junk is just as bad, it took months to get a replacement, a replacement that lasted a total of 3 months...I am not even going through the hassle of trying to replace it, just use my old mx510, 4 years old and still working like a charm.
  11. Bluemagma

Bluemagma Newcomer, in training

12. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

These peripherals will probably suffer the same fate as the Starcraft 2 set made by Razer which received pretty poor reviews from various review sites.
  13. Emin3nce

Emin3nce Newcomer, in training Posts: 129

Maybe because you payed extra for a tiny little SC2 decal on the side of your otherwise mid-shelf 'beast'?
  14. Using the Xai from Steelseries atm and it ROCKS! The D3 is supposed to be based on the same mouse so I will deffo get this.

The headset is a pimped Siberia V2 and if I didnt have one already I would get those aswell.

Now they just need to release a D3 Wizard themed mousepad and Im set. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.