SteelSeries announces exclusive Diablo III peripherals

Emil

SteelSeries today announced a co-branding partnership with Blizzard Entertainment. The result is the SteelSeries Diablo III family of products: the Diablo III Mouse ($70.00 or €70.00), the Diablo III Headset ($120.00 / €120.00), and two Diablo III QcK mousepads ($15.00 / €15.00). All of them were co-designed with technology, hardware, and illumination features that support the look and feel of the third installment of the game. They will be available at game launch, both online and in select retail locations.

The SteelSeries Diablo III Mouse features a laser sensor with up to 5,000CPI, seven ergonomically positioned buttons (all can be remapped) with a guaranteed lifespan of 10 million clicks (more than three times the click lifespan of an average mouse), and an ambidextrous shape with a matte grip coating. In true Diablo III style, the SteelSeries mouse is enhanced with "demon red" illumination in three areas on the mouse: the scroll wheel, CPI Indicator, and Diablo III logo. You can also customize the logo with ON/OFF illumination and three levels of pulsation.

The SteelSeries Diablo III Headset has an over-the-head suspension design that provides players with leather earcups that comfortably surround the ear and reproduce an optimized soundscape through 50mm driver units. The matte-black finish and the "demon red" illumination are meant to match the aforementioned mouse. SteelSeries' first illuminated headset will also offer players ON/OFF illumination and three levels of pulsation options. Coming from a total of 18 LED lights throughout the headset, the red glow is seen in two places each on the right and left side – surrounding the edge of each ear cup, and the three Diablo slashes. The headset will also include SteelSeries' signature: uni-directional retractable microphone-system for clear voice communication through Battle.net. Its in-line volume and mute controls are on the double-braided nylon cord with a USB connector.

Last and probably least, the SteelSeries Diablo III mousepads come in two high-quality cloth designs: Barbarian (deep reds and earthy tones) and Witch Doctor (cooler green and purple tones). The SteelSeries award-winning QcK mousepads have a non-slip rubber base to keep the mousepad from moving and an optimized texture surface featuring Diablo III artwork.

"The level of excitement for the Diablo III release is massive," Kim Rom, SteelSeries CMO, said in a statement. "When the opportunity was presented to partner up with Blizzard for a new family of co-branded peripherals, we knew that they had to be engineered for this particular type of gameplay by being both durable and able to bring out the Diablo III theme onto a player’s desktop. The mouse offers both simplicity for new players and unprecedented durability that will support the series’ distinctive mouse-driven gameplay, while the headset optimizes the high, spine-chilling snarls of otherworldly creatures and the booming lows of a barbarian battle cry. Together, the headset and mouse will help immerse players into the game through their extended comfort, compelling designs and high performance."

Permalink to story.

I'm in the market for a new mouse after my MX518 died. Maybe this new mouse will turn out to be a nice replacement.

Erm also why do they cost the same in euros as in dollars. 1 euro is 1.45 USD. Friggin tariffs on electronics in other countries. That must suck big time.

All of the recent gaming headsets have been terrible.
Just nice looking junk.

Will they actually make a headset worth a damn this time?
Probably not.

amstech said:
All of the recent gaming headsets have been terrible.
Just nice looking junk.

Will they actually make a headset worth a damn this time?
Probably not.

Just take a pair of good headphones and remove all the bass using an equalizer, you now have a headset.

Joking aside I just use a pair of HD555's with a mic mod that sennheiser does if you request it at a server center.

Princeton said:
Erm also why do they cost the same in euros as in dollars. 1 euro is 1.45 USD. Friggin tariffs on electronics in other countries. That must suck big time.

Yeah, no kidding, that's a huge markup.

Your paying extra for the Diablo 3 logo on em. Release the game before you release peripherals!

"able to bring out the Diablo III theme onto a player?s desktop."

And charge more in an attempt to get some half-brained fanboy with nostalgia goggles on to buy it.

Image if people were smarter and didn't buy this useless crap. We'd actually have some quality products!

The 1st Diablo was AWESOME! The second was mediocre at best. I was not impressed by Starcraft 2 at all. Hey Blizzard...Make the game AWESOME and THEN bugger me for extra cash. If Diablo III is as bad as SC2 I will toss my pc and get my Coleco Vision out and hello Zaxxon!

I've got the merc Stealth and the 3GC PC game pad from Steel series, i have to say they have the WORSE driver update ever.. I'm still waiting on some sort of driver update for my Merc Stealth, ever since SP1 came out for win 7 X64 the original SW is a no go, contacted them 2 days after the release of SP1.. their initial suggestion was to try the European drivers over the north American.. that was the last I heard from them.. I'm never buying another Steel series product, I would suggest that anyone considering doing so be fore warned.

I have the steelseries wow mouse...its junk, I won't ever buy another of their products, not only is the mouse junk, the service backing this junk is just as bad, it took months to get a replacement, a replacement that lasted a total of 3 months...I am not even going through the hassle of trying to replace it, just use my old mx510, 4 years old and still working like a charm.

These peripherals will probably suffer the same fate as the Starcraft 2 set made by Razer which received pretty poor reviews from various review sites.

fpsgamerJR62 said:
These peripherals will probably suffer the same fate as the Starcraft 2 set made by Razer which received pretty poor reviews from various review sites.

Maybe because you payed extra for a tiny little SC2 decal on the side of your otherwise mid-shelf 'beast'?

Using the Xai from Steelseries atm and it ROCKS! The D3 is supposed to be based on the same mouse so I will deffo get this.

The headset is a pimped Siberia V2 and if I didnt have one already I would get those aswell.

Now they just need to release a D3 Wizard themed mousepad and Im set. :)

Back