SteelSeries, Mad Catz launch new Sensei and Rat Albino mice

By Matthew
Aug 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. SteelSeries and Mad Catz have offered their respective takes on highly customizable gaming mice today, courtesy of the Sensei and Cyborg Rat Albino. Both have deep roots stemming from existing…

Read the whole story
  2. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!
  3. cyriene

cyriene TS Rookie Posts: 31

I have an original RAT 7 and it is the most comfortable mouse I have used. I may get this white one for my gaming system and use the original for my main workstation.
  4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

Disregarding any actual performance and/or functionality this mouse might have, I still have to say, it is a hideous-looking mouse.
  5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,681   +86

+1 lawfer
    In fact is it is one of the most hideous looking PC related device I've seen.
  6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,587   +278

White mouse with lots of nooks and cranies plus sweaty gamer hands makes for a device that needs some frequent difficult cleaning.
  7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

That was *exactly* what I was thinking when I saw that.

Looks like something that should be out there fighting Zentradi.

A mouse with a CPU...that's hardcore.
  8. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

Ironic you mention Zentradi since I just yesterday started watching the Macross Saga again... it's been at least a decade since I last saw it. lol
  9. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,267   +101

People are so bend on superficial designs and the "looks" of a product when that really does not matter...

Now that's what is more important.

I work as a helpdesk guy, who does additional work on security cameras and servers. When the looks of these devices convince other people who know nothing about them to buy it without regard for their features and capabilities, it's rather annoying, expecially when they wont hear the IT Department's say on it or even allow us to purchase the products ourselves.
  10. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with your way of thinking.

In technology, aesthetics is just as important as functionality. Both are factors put into consideration when buying a product; you see, you wouldn't buy a Mac and then get a third-party, black mouse for it. Everyday-use devices require to have both characteristics in order to be appealing to consumers.

Alternatively, I see you don't exactly disagree with it being hideous-looking, you seem to be implying that's what's not really important. Which, in this case, is good you realize it is in fact a bad-looking device, because as far as to how much does that matters will depend on the person. Then again, the consensus is that people care for both, but a specific group cares for one more than the other. You fall into that group.
  11. The biggest problem of mice today isn’t their ergonomy not even their responsiveness. It’s their ability to stay clean. So a good mouse with cotton replacement patches will sell like crazy.
  12. Hideously beautiful
  13. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

I own several Logitech gaming mice and even a pair of Roccat gaming mice but I still don't know what to think everytime I see one of these RAT devices. Everyone of them look like they've been run over by a truck. Maximum PC does think highly of RAT series, adding the RAT 9 to their 2011 Dream PC. I guess there's more to these mice than meets the eye.
  14. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Since allot of products these days function the same or very similarly its generally the "look" that wins people over, just saying.
  15. I think the Rat holds the world record for most customizable mouse every created. I think this is geared towards Mac users.