Stereo sound on a 5.1 speaker system,help

By Punkid
Jun 18, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ive got intel DG31PR motherboard,which has realtek ALC888 sound onboard...ive got a 5.1 speaker setup and i can play DVDs with 5.1ch audio fine,get sound on all the speakers...but with stereo files like mp3 songs,i only get sound on the front 2 speakers,i need to upmix it...how do i do that????

there is no such option in the realtek control panel and ive got the latest drivers.
  2. nismo91

nismo91 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,000   +11

if you dont have the option, u can always try to use filter codec, such as ffdshow decoder, which is capable of doing that. i strongly suggest you to get K-lite codec pack, beside the vast availability of codecs installed, ffdshow is also included, to improve my music performance, and lot of things.

what media player are you using?
  3. Punkid

Punkid TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 544

im using WMP on windows 7,i jst tried klite,but mp3's dont use the ffdshow filter provided by klite
  4. Punkid

new drivers for my sound card brought the option 'Speaker Fill' to the control panel so im good now
  5. nismo91

nismo91 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,000   +11

well, speaker fill works pretty good.
    k-lite doesnt work in WMP in vista and win7...
  6. Punkid

it works :D,used to work in vista too
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.