TechSpot

Steve Ballmer admits to poor Windows Mobile execution

By Jos
Sep 25, 2009
  1. Hundreds of venture capitalists attended a Microsoft-hosted summit yesterday where CEO Steve Ballmer acknowledged the company's problems getting Windows Mobile 7 onto the market in time. The operating system is expected to be a significant revamp of Microsoft's current mobile platform, but reports say it won't be in customer hands until fall of 2010 -- while a relatively small 6.5 update is due next month.

Read the whole story

2. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 612

Finally cleaning up the development lines... hopefully Apple will follow suit eventually.

3. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 300   +6

apple can be one of the major players in the smartphone market in the coming years.
    microsoft takes a lot of time to release updates,apple is much faster in this regard

4. As a Senior level C++ Software Developer I'm NOT surprised at all! These things are at the core of Microsoft's problems:

- overall arrogance of Microsoft;
    - poor quality of implementation;
    - over-complexity of algorithms;
    - inconsistency with Win32 API for different platforms;
    - inability to create bugs-free codes.

What else could you expect after putting all these things together?

S. Kostrov.
    Calgary, AB

5. greyd

greyd TS Rookie

I have a HTC windows mobile and a blackberry. guess which one I prefer. sorry Microsoft, stick to desktops.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.