Steve Jobs dies at age 56

By Matthew
Oct 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple cofounder and tech visionary Steve Jobs has passed away at the age of 56. The news has been confirmed by Apple itself and follows just over a month after…

Read the whole story
  2. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 619   +118

Because God wanted his iphone hand delivered
  3. RH00D

RH00D TechSpot Booster Posts: 374   +73

R.I.P. Steve Jobs. :'(
  4. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 237   +11

Rest in peace Steve, you truly change the world and will be forever remembered as a genius.
  5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

That's funny, but not funny.
  6. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Posts: 4,567   +184

Steve Jobs
  7. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 619   +118

Too soon?

Guess I shouldn't suggest that his epitaph should simply be 404
  8. Emin3nce

Emin3nce Newcomer, in training Posts: 129

Not unlike the iCloud jokes floating around facebook.

RIP Steve. Grew up in the age of mobile device innovation. You did a lot for my business.
  9. RIP Steven Jobs. You are always on our mind.
  10. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

11. AnonymousSurfer

AnonymousSurfer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 295

12. Rubyxdesign

Rubyxdesign Newcomer, in training

May GOD keep your soul Steve...

you truly shaped our World.
  13. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,443   +268

A true visionary, it's a sad day in tech. RIP Steve Jobs.

14. RH00D

RH00D TechSpot Booster Posts: 374   +73

It must have been extremely hard for Tim and Phil to give that presentation yesterday, knowing in the back of their minds where Steve Jobs was and what was likely to happen to him. R.I.P.
  15. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,231   +314

A great visionary. RIP Steve.
  16. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Booster Posts: 656   +35

Very sad to hear this news. I was never a big fan of apple, but he was truly a genius and will be missed.
  17. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Just like Earl would say, karma got him.
  18. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +229

I wasn't a huge fan of Steve and his ways with Apple, but it's very sad to think about the family he has left behind.
  19. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

Gotta respect a guy who had a possibly the biggest influence on technological trends for the last 5 years. I'm shocked that it happened so quickly, guess Apple wanted to keep focus on the new release of the iPhone 4S as oppose to his health, R.I.P
  20. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

A genius in his own right. Too bad not every genius is beneficial to the world.
  21. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,267   +217

You know, I've been pleasantly surprised at the posts here, I expected a lot more disrespectful posts. Yours isn't even disrespectful so much, its more of just incorrect. Even if you hate him and hate Apple, his work and vision has influenced almost every interaction people have with their computers and smartphones. You don't think the computers most people use and the smartphones a lot of people use are beneficial to people?
  22. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,976   +52 Staff Member

A sad day indeed. The world has lost a visionary, a brilliant man whose work had a profound impact on various industries and many people's lives. Rest in peace Steve, you will be missed.
  23. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,062   +69

I've never been a fan of Apple, or their closed architecture design, but I have always had the utmost respect for Steve Jobs (even though I frequently made jokes about him). Steve, you were one of the most innovative and valuable leaders of our technology community, and your passing is going to hit the technology world very hard for many years to come. You were a brilliant mind, a wonderful philanthropist, and we wouldn't be where we are today without your hard work, and determination. Rest in peace. :(
  24. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

Really? Whilst most people (on this forum) don't like Apple and Steve Jobs, we still had respect for the guy, even when he was alive
  25. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 938   +43

Didn't Steve just step down from any real position of power with Apple? So in very short order, Steve step's down, then dies, damn! Talk about a terrible blow to the technology world, for Steve was a super innovator. I wonder what will happen with Apple and possibly any ideas that Steve had for the company and it's products before his passing. I can only hope that Apple currently has some very skilled and competent and very innovative running the show, for Steve's shoes will be very hard to fill.

R.I.P. Mr. Jobs

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.