Still getting BSOD after reformatting hard disk & replacing memory

By ctl1228
Feb 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. hi... i hope someone can help troubleshoot which hardware needs to be replaced. i have a sony laptop vgn-nw270f. at first my laptop will restart everytime, and now after it boots up to windows it will give me a blue screen. i tried reformatting the hard drive using the recovery system from the partition of the hard disk but to no avail. blue screen will show when it's in the process of installing drivers, applications, etc. i've noticed that it usually gives the the blue screen when it says installing adobe something. i tried replacing the memory with a new one kingston brand but even with that i can't get a full installation of windows, it will give me a blue screen. my os is Windows 7 home edition 64 bit. please help.....thank you so much.
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Are these blue screens the kind that says Windows needs to shut down and begins memory dump?
  3. AshleyTechGuy

AshleyTechGuy TS Rookie

Sometimes I find that If i format my HDD using a Win Xp Setup disk and then go into the bios and set the HDD to IDE mode Win 7 will install perfectly