Stone computer bios password

martinlw

HI I have bought a stone computer from e bay refurbished for my daughter, the computer works fine have even upgraded to windows 10 and is activated. I was curious to have a look in the bios but it asks for a password is there anyway a work round this problem,I am not keen on not being able to enter the bios if it has a problem.regards Martin

An easy way to get around this would be clearing your BIOS settings using the CMOS battery on the motherboard. You would simply remove and re-seat the battery to reset BIOS. You can take a look here if you need more guidance in terms of resetting BIOS. With that said, this would require you to actually open up the computer case. Now, there is software out there than can accomplish this for you, but I honestly think it's easiest to do it the way I mentioned.

Since it's a laptop, one of the software options may be a little better for you.
Check out this article, it points out a couple software options you can utilize to solve your problem. If you need more help, feel free to just reply to this post.

Back