Stop: 0x00000050

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assafper

First time for me here, so hello all!

I have a Laptop T42 series. Lately after starting up windows and logging in,
The computer restarts after displaying the blue screen with a long message and error code: " STOP: 0X00000050 (0XEBAFEFE8,0X00000000,0XEBAFEFE8,0X00000000)"
(I had to picture the screen with my camera to be able to read the message...)

Here are my last minidumps.

Thanks!
Assafper

Attachments

• Minidump1.zip
    198.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Minidump2.zip
    167.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Minidump3.zip
    91.3 KB · Views: 1
If I am not wrong the hard drive is since 2006 (is there somewhere to check?)
Memory - 512 Mb
and configuration - win XP SP2
Is that what you meant or am I totally wrong?

You can look at the front label of the hard drive and discover the date. (Comes out with removal of two screws and a #0 philips screwdriver. Maybe four more screws to remove it from the caddy temporarily if it is upside down and you cannot see the label.

Perhaps you will want to upgrade your memory, because with all the Updates and such, 512 MB is not hardly enough for some tasks.

Also, it is time to upgrade to Service Pack 3, as that is the only way to get supports and full downloads

0x00000050 cony

I think the crash happend just after removing a portable storge from the usb port when the computer was on standby.
Other wise I don' tunderstand what happend all suddenly.

@ Assafper and raybay - guys I just looked at the first 5 dumps out of 10 in Zip 1 and though the error codes vary all state the Daemon Tools 4.0 driver sptd.sys as the cause of the conflicts. Three out of five also specifically mentioned that the NOD32 driver eamon.sys was unable to load because of sptd.sys.

Over the years we have seen quite a number of people have issues with Daemon Tools drivers.

Update the software or uninstall and reinstall.

And raybay you are 100% correct about updating to Service Pack 3. It is still a belief among many people that SP3 is unstable and more trouble than help.

I am sorry But I am not sure where to find the Daemon tools.
Nor in the start menu nor in the add or remove hardware program have i found any reference to Daemon tools.
Do you mean the nod32 antivirus?
Does it have another common name?

See this link: http://www.greatis.com/security/What is SPTD####.sys.htm

sptd.sys is a Daemon Tools driver. It was cited in your minidumps as the cause of your system crashes and was blocking your NOD32 from loading. Considering both programs are designed to engage at start up that is where the problem begins.

You may want to run a virus scan in case because there are viruses/trojans that will mirror spted.sys.

I found a file called srvklw32.exe in the startup folder. I tried removing it from the startup but the computer crashed again. Then I ran this file - nothing happened.
Then I was in safe mode again, ran a virus scan, found nothing. After the next restart however, the computer restarted normally ( I don't know which of the actions solved the problem).
First thing, I ran another virus scan, and found
C:\Documents and Settings\Assaf\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_002433 - HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen virus - unable to clean
I wasn't able to browse to that location and delete the virus manually.

What do you suggest me to do next?

Thanks a million for all advice anyway:)

Okay, we're not done yet and we'll get that infection off. Since you didn't have Daemon Tools ever installed it was a good chance you were infected which bears out.

So, we're going to go in a different direction and have you go to the Virus and Malware Removal forum.

1. Read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky.

2. Follow the steps as given; don't skip any steps.

3. When finished post on that forum with the following; Your symptoms and what this current thread found, the type of trofjan cited as being unremovable, and the required logs. The required logs are a must have.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back