STOP:0x00000051 message - really stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

A newbie needing help.. having inadvertently installed, then cancelled, an adobe update, my laptop on booting displays the blue screen titled REGISTRY_ERROR..

The details are STOP:0x00000051 (0x00000001, OXE224B458, 0X00490000, 0x000001D6).

I've tried to restart in safe mode but am getting the same screen and have also tried the last good set up and that has failed too.. i'm not great technically and would be really grateful for any assistance to get past the screen and complete the boot..

Cheers

Jon

I have experienced several stop 0x000051 in a High School environment where we have hundreds of PCs. With my code 51's, the PC will not re-boot. The problem is .... You ain't gonna like this .. a corrupted File Allocation Table on the Hard drive. Beyond that .. if you re-install xp over the existing partition, even with a format, the corruption remains. The only way I have been able to get by it is to run the old FDISK program and totally delete the partition. Then install XP on to the "RAW", unformatted space. I threw away several good hard drives before discovering this.

If anybody knows how to "un-corrupt" the File Allocation Table on a PC that will not boot XP, please let us know. It would save many XP reinstalls.

Thx
Gary Groce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back