Stop: 0x0000007b (0xf78d2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop: 0x0000007b (0xf78d2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have done the following to correct this problem (at great cost in money, days and sleep)
1 scanned the disk for viruses (none)
2 checked for corruption of the disk (bad sectors etc.)(none)
3 checked for memory leaks (none)
4 recreated the partition and formatted using gparted live s/w, diskpart and also fdisk (no joy)
5 accessed the bios to change the controller to eide (not possible nothing changeable and has not initially been set to raid just 400gb)

The only thing I haven’t done is change the hd controller s/w I tried with f6 to load a different driver but xp pro doe’s not come with support for the hdd (how shocking?)

The hdd installed is:
Toshiba SATA
Model mk4058sgx 400gb
I have searched almost every download site that claims to provide “free” direct downloads for this driver but when I try to download they want me to join their site at a fee (which I’m reluctant to do for one driver) or else buy their driver upgrade software (which would be ok if I was using the computer that I needed the driver for which I’m not) oh buy the way sony don’t supply support for this hdd either.

so what is it doing in their hardware?

If anyone out there can give me some pointers as to where to get this driver “free” or fix this problem, it would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Andy

:grinthumb

Andy, is there any way for you to attach the 5 most recent minidump files in your next post?

Update

Hi Route44!

Sorry for the delay in getting back for some reason the page would'nt let me post said I was'nt logged? in tried to log in again then said already logged in? anyway not to sound too dumb how do I get mini dumps never had to do them? Thanks for the help at my wits end with this Vista and XP Pro dual boot.

Hey, no problem with the delay. Here you go...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

And here is your error code's definition - 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Hi! Route44

Sorry I have a new job which is taking up most of my time and I'm not getting back to you sooner.

I have checked the path you have directed me to for the minidump files it's not there, also ran a search on the drive to see if they were located in another folder, no joy?

I have gathered however that the XP setup is not detecting the HDD. I rebuilt the laptop with a copy of Vista I downloaded from the net, (can't remember if I mentioned it but Sony advised me that it would be ok to delete my recovery partition and of course was not supplied with the setup DVD/CD) and used my own licence key, then tried to reinstall XP using the F6 option to load support drivers for the hdd but have had no joy, it will not recognise the driver DVD and will not go any further without a floppy drive, I have put the drivers on a usb drive and enabled the usb drive but it's not recognising the usb port during setup? I feel reluctant to go and buy a portable floppy (and find out that this method doesn't work either) just for this driver is there any other way of getting the driver to load? (eg. autoexec.bat or config.sys) or cant you use these files when booting XP setup?

Many thanks for your time and help in this matter
Andy

Hi,
I too have this problem,and I have googled it to death, *** stop: 0x0000007b (0xf78d663c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000,

0x00000000), it all started with winlogon virus, brought to my attention suddenly by AVG anti virus.

To find out how to rectify it as it is a non-accessible system file,
I googled this and from somewhere of repute, suggested in an answer to someone else with the same virus to

extract the original winlogon.exe from the install disk and copy to windows\system32 directory...but NOT to

choose <ok> to overwrite the original untill task manager was run and winlogon closed, then to copy the file.

Thats when the problem started.

1st when I rebooted, the machine loaded all until it came to the windows display screen just before the screen

goes blank and the desktop loads, but then it just reboots, and will do this for ever.

During the boot I press <f8> to get boot choice menu,choose the boothard drive, and pressed <f8> to access the

load safe mode menu choices, opting for <kill reboot> (to see whats causing it) continue and get the message ***

stop: c000021a {fatal system error} windows logon terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005,

0x00000000, 0x00000000) as you can see different from above, tho it made me think it was likley the winlogon file

corrupt and maybe some others by now too.

So I put my xp install disk in and booted to see if i could get to repair, but alas after setup runs, and loads

all the necessary files, its says windows is about to start and reboots with the error message at the top

here....

I have disconnected the original boot drive, and put another in its place , basically to install the XP op on

this drive instead, then maybe slave the other to this new boot drive so as to get to my data, but as set up

runs, it get to the same place and halts as before, so i know now its not the original drive thats causing the

blue screen, even tho there may be corrupt files on it...

I have disconnected the battery and counted to 20 and replaced it, in booting it said cmos wrong, time date wrong

<del> for setup, <f2> defaults and continue...i opted for defaults, it now is in a memory test.

The machine is hybrid, and has been working fine all year,in fact it was fine untill i tried to get rid of that

virus...obviously the procedure was flawed...

MB is an asus premium p5wd2, an intel pentium 4 dual core 3ghz, 2Gb memory, nvidia geforce 8400gs
windows xp sp1 updated to sp2 and sp3

I downloaded a program to make an xp boot disk, but it didn't work..it didn't run.
Im maybe suspecting an MB failure...whats throwing me hope is that windows almost loads...

What i want to know is why cant i use a stick drive with an os system on it, be it dos, win98...win7, or any

number of linux based os`s..plug it in and run it...like ..install xp on my stick drive..it aint rocket science..

any offers to my problem...
bare in mind, i have removed and replaced the battery, I have disconnected the main boot drive and replaced with

another..when i let that one boot, just to see, it said wrong os, and hung...rebooted and tried from install cd..

so i could format this drive and install xp,but the blue screen put paid to that....that one gave the 0x0000007b

fault
thing is if i have xp sp3 on the original drive and the install disc is sp1 there may be confusion going on... i

hate windows..and that new windows 7 advert on tv too...

well the memory pass just completed with no errors..how nice..if this small program works, its that hope that

confuses me....
"setup is checking the hardware configuration..." doesn't notice no hard drive connected..so much for windows

installer setup program, it should surely stop and say, "no hard drive found, connect one now.."

I`ve tried the main boot drive..just run it, windows is just about to start when I get the c000021a winlogon

error message, I`ve also tried with this drive, and 2 other hard drives separately connected, the xp install disk,

and it always end up with the 2nd error message 0x0000007b etc

I have checked all cable connections.

so any takers :~)

regards

1zoot1, welcome and we'll be glad to help but we need you to start your own thread because this one is old and belongs to mondost24.

When you do start your own thread please make it more legible and shorter by using bullet points because there is a lot of material that you gave us and keeping track of what you wrote due to length is problematic. Also, when you post again please attach your minidump files.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back