TechSpot

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF889F524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

By costwyn
Feb 27, 2010
  1. I have a dell mini 9 with XP worked fine until one time tried to start it and got blue screen with the error

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF889F524,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

I have tried making bootable USB drive from the CD's that came with the computer and can now at least get to options to start in safe mode. But any options I choose keep bringing me back to the same error.

I have nothing on the laptop that I am worried about losing so a complete restore isn't out of the question but have been able to figure how to do that without a CD

Any information would be greatly helpful I have searched the error and haven't found this exact error code in dell or microsoft to try and work out a solution.

PS also says to run chkdsk /f but havent figured a way to get to a command prompt.

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,167   +37

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
    Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Run > chkdsk /f > okay and it will tell you that it will run on the next boot so restart your PC and chkdsk /f should engage.

3. costwyn

costwyn TS Rookie Topic Starter

How do I run that I can only get blue screen. and nothing I try lets me get to chkdsk /f just keeps going to same error no matter what I try.

4. Route44

Do you know how to access your BIOS and how old is this system?

5. costwyn

costwyn TS Rookie Topic Starter

I can get to screens to run tests, set boot order, and screen to chose safe mode or start normally. The warranty expired 1/21/10. Any mode I start in takes me back to same error....even when I use bootable USB flash drive to start up.

6. Thezlehman

Thezlehman TS Rookie

The computer is at most a year old and how would one get into bios on it we havent been able to figure it out

7. Route44

Normally as soon as one boots up keep pressing the Delete key and that will take you to the BIOS.

8. Thezlehman

Thezlehman TS Rookie

ok havent fixed a thing on it. I can get into bios but not do much the only thing i can real edit is boot order. I dont know what else to try. We can not get to anywhere to run checkdisk. Any help will be greatly appercated. I have checked though google time and time again but have never found any solutions just people saying the same thing.

~Thezlehman

9. Route44

Tell us about your system, i.e. is this prebuilt like a Dell?

10. scy4851

scy4851 TS Rookie

Hi,
    this is my first post on this site.
    I have exactly the same problem as Thezlehman.
    my PC is a DELL DIMENSION 8300

11. bourne327

bourne327 TS Rookie

Computer: 2004 Dell System Workstation Precision 470 running Windows XP
    Problem: Blue Screen Code in addition to a Chassis Intrusion Error
    Code: 0x0000007B (0xBA4C3524, 0x0000034)

Cleared Chassis Intrusion Error (I think). The computer will only show the "Windows XP is starting up" but the crashes. Its almost too fast to see. I cannot access the computer at all. Any Help?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.