STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XF854A0BF, 0XF8996208, 0XF8995F08) I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a toshiba satellite laptop. I wiped the HD and now I am trying to install windows XP Pro from a back up disk. I have done this before on other computers successfully, but now I am running it this "blue screen of death!"

Here's what it says:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damages to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF854A0BF, 0xF8996208, 0xF8995F08)

*** pci.sys - Address F854A0BF bast at F8543000, DateStamp 3b7d855C"

Someone please help me! I have tried everything I can think of and I've tried what I have found on the forums already, but nothing has worked! I cannot start windows(even in safe mode), the windows installation has not completed!

Thanks in advance for helpful information!

Update

Ok, so here's a little update with another question.

From what I can find from microsoft, this error comes because I am using a RIS(remote installation service) and I need to add the latest SP(service pack).

Now my question is... well I mean questions are...

-Is this right?

-How do I install a SP without having XP fully installed yet?

I am using bartpe to install windows and I have tried to download SP1 and SP2 to the harddrive and then open them by running bartpe, but it comes up with an error for both, something about missing files or something. So how do I install the SP?

Thanks again in advance!

Your Windows XP disk is defective or a copy...
Before you use Bartpe, you need to be able to do the basic WXP install without it. The Toshiba basically doesn't like the install disk you are using. You might try reformatting the hard drive once more. Does your formatting software see the hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back