Stop: 0X000000D1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer gives me error stop:0x000000d1 (0x0000002b 0x00000002 0x00000000 0xf79799b0) kbdclass.sys.address f79799b0 base at f7979000, datestamp 41107b08 when starting. I can't start in safe mode either. Please help.

Well 0xD1 errors are usually due to a faulty driver but sometimes can be due to faulty or mismatched RAM. In order to help you we need a lot more information from you.

1. Give us your system specs including what OS you are running, what security software tou have installed, the amount of RAM you have and is this a pre-built PC (Dell, HP, etc.) or one that was built by you or a friend?

2. What has been the history leading up to getting this problem and error code? Did you do something different, install or uninstall software, and have you been having issues for a long time or is this recent?

3. When did this error occur? What were tyou doing at the time?

It is a Dell Dimension 4300. It came with ME but now has XP Pro. It has been extremely slow since XP was installed. We updated some drivers a week or two before this happened and it seemed to be running better. My kids use that computer so I can't really tell you exactly what was being done when it happened. And as you can tell, I don't have a clue about all of this.

Spyware doctor and registry mechanic are on the computer. I do know that there were some infections spyware doctor found and removed prior to this happening also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back