Stop: C000007B {Bad Image} winsrv.dll Windows 7 Toshiba

i left my laptop on over night because i was moving folders that had 12 hours left. when i woke up i saw a blue screen that said "Stop: C000007B {Bad image}"
i can't even get to the log in menu, i tried system restore i tried running wisefixer.exe through command prompt but it did not work.

(EDIT: i am not the best with computers so please make answers so anybody could understand what you mean.)

The error message usually states that there is a file missing or corrupt and names what the file is. Try this routine to repair the MBR as that should get it booting again.

Go to the Command prompt and type in these commands one at a time and hit the Enter key after each one. Make sure you include the gap in all lines just before the /.

Bootrec.exe /FixMbr

Bootrec.exe /FixBoot

Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

After this third command you will get a message that would give the impression there is no Windows installed, don't worry, it always displays the installed OS as '0'. As long as it says "Operation Completed Successfully" then all is well.

Then type exit and hit Enter and manually reboot the PC. See if it will now boot and post back any error message you receive.

If it won't boot try this command from the command prompt, this will effect other systems boot records if you have a dual boot on your drive.

Bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force

Again type exit and reboot.

The software wisefixer.exe is highly dubious, there are many sites that offer it and the vast majority carry a Web Of Trust high level warning. You should never have to use any kind of tune up utility on Windows 7 and it is more likely to do harm than good, uninstall it.

Let me know how you get on. Also tell me what files you were transferring, from where and where to?

Do you have the Windows 7 disc?

so far nothing has worked i will try more but as of right now it still isnt working whenever i do fixboot it says something about my volume

i was had an error with a progam called steam so i moved my steam files onto a folder on my desktop reinstalled steam and move the folders back into steam

i do not have the windows 7 disk

Back