STOP ERROR 0x000000D1 Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've run into what I consider a major problem with my laptop. Yesterday it started to BSOD on start up and prevents me from getting to the password screen. I can use Safe Mode, but I really need proper use of the computer back.

On start up I'm faced with "Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal" with technical information as follows:

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x50DA2451, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x87FB5BA8)

I'm currently running XP SP3, and I have read that an error like this can be due to driver issues, but I haven't installed anything in a while. I had very recently started to have internet issues, with constant closing of explorer and errors. Recently my antivirus has been pretty busy, and has flashed up a problem with the master boot record (boot.mebroot virus on symantec).

I was hoping someone would have some advice on this. I attached the minidump files in zip.

Thanks

Go immediately to our Virus and Malware removal forum,read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky and follow it step by step - DON'T skip any steps. Make sure you attach all three required logs.

Post there and make sure you give this information that you wrote here: I'm currently running XP SP3, and I have read that an error like this can be due to driver issues, but I haven't installed anything in a while. I had very recently started to have internet issues, with constant closing of explorer and errors. Recently my antivirus has been pretty busy, and has flashed up a problem with the master boot record (boot.mebroot virus on symantec).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back