Stop error 0x100000C5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been having the same crash for a while now at random times. ive done memtest reseat ram etc. i use whocrashed & it says is:

On Sat 4/25/2009 11:06:25 AM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x100000C5 (0x6, 0x2, 0x1, 0x805519EB)
Error: Unknown
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Likely the culprit is another driver on your system which cannot be identified.

the closest match i could find to my stop error was:

0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

it puzzles me. all drivers seem to be updated. the only older ones dont have updates. ive looked at each device in device manager and all report "working properly and" with IRQ "no conflicts". ive used driver verifier but although i know how to run and test. i dont know what to look for as to tell which driver is faulty.

Any suggestions would be geatly appreciated.
Thank you for ur time.

-----------------

update:

driver verifier didn pick up errors on standard settings so i put it on custom, and chose ALL tests avaliable.

it found an error in ctljystk.sys which belongs to Sound Blaster Live! by Creative Labs. i ran a search and found a microsoft page labeled:

When you use a Creative Labs SoundBlaster 16 Joystick with a game port in Windows XP, you receive a "serious error" or a "STOP: 0x0000007E" error message

its kind of funny because i usually run microsoft update about once a week or so manually and have automatic set to notify. its been telling me to update that gameport driver for a while but i nvr did. i did today, hopefully no more stop errors.

so far so good. i kno its only been a few hrs. but my last 2 bsods were only seperated by 3hrs so so far its working. ill keep this updated j i c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back