Stop Error 0xD1 (Irql not less or equal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been dealing with this for a long time by myself. I get a BSOD with this error every time I play a game. (TF2, CoX, CS:S,), and sometimes if Im just watching video. This seemed to happen when It was hot outside the most (no a/c). That was why I assumed it was a bum card and Ive been putting off saving for a new one. Anyway, I just moved into a new air conditioned place and Im still getting this issue. I Figured Id come see you guys about it.

my specs:

AsRock k8Upgrade-1689
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.4Ghz
2x1Gb OCZ Platinum
BFG 6800GT OC
430w Generic PSU
500Gb W/D HDD

So, When I first got this computer I was getting this error And traced it to my CPU overheating so I switched to the ASRock Mobo and put an aftermarket cooler on. problem solved. Then I ended up trading a 7600Gs out for the 6800Gt (marginally better) and it started happening again so I took off the VGA cooler, applied some arctic silver to the GPU and RAM and slapped a 20" box fan where my side case cover should be. I still got the BSOD but not till after a good couple of hours of gaming. I traced that to my power supply going out and replaced it with the 430w generic. however its started happening again but this time it either dosent specify a file or its someting different every time. Also, its not showing up in event viewer.

I have the most current bios version and all current drivers installed.

What say you oh great gurus of tech spot?

A. I would never trust a generic PSU.

B. It could be video card drivers. Do the following and let us know if it has resolved your issues:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

If Blue Screens are common as you say, you should post 3-5 minidumps for people to look at for you.

But, oh boy, your problems sounds exactly like mine. I went out of my way of trying to fix mine, and haven't found a solution. You and I should seriously consider purchasing a new Motherboard. It could probably fix everything for You and me.

Maybe you could relate by reading my thread.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I dont have a minidump folder in my windows dir.

in the windows dir itself I see a few files named "DUMPxxxx.tmp" really no information i can see in notepad in them. ive attached the latest 2 to see if it helps.

is there a service i need running to get minidumps? Im running a really bare bones copy of xp.

oh really?

would you like my cd-key? are you going to validate it?

i bought into a gold volume licence about 2 years ago. fantastic investment. looking into a Win7 deal right now.

what difference does it make which copy of xp im using if I can slipstream a copy myself?

I apologize. I did not realize you slipstreamed a copy of XP. We have seen our fair share here of people using illigitimate OS but only after working with them for awhile. Bare bones is not a term I am familiar with and thus I assumed which I shouldn't have.

On the other hand, it is really important for us to know that this is a slipstreamed copy. It may very well explain why you don't have a minidump folder.

I will bow out and let someone else help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back