Stop error blue screen 0x0000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is Mark, after updating my computer to xp sp2 and other updates. My computer comes up with a blue screen and the following comes up:

***Stop:0x0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XF5CFF81D, 0XF0531A20, 0X00000000)

AND this one came up once or twice

***Stop:0x0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XF67EF81D, 0XF09C5A20, 0X00000000)

If you think you know what it is, please get back to me!

Also can someone explain what it means by dumping physical memory to disk.

I have also attached some minidumps, I dont know if they are useful, thank you for any information and advice.

Mark x

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    85 KB · Views: 17
Don't know if you've seen it yet, but first check out this sticky:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

The "8E" error is my worst nightmare! I hate that one with a passion!

It usually comes with hard drive or RAM problems, but occasionaly a driver.

A few of your minidumps were pretty old and no good. Only one from today, 1 from yesterday, and one from a few days ago. They are all 0x1000008E.

Just googling for "stop 0x0000008E and 0x1000008E will get lots of stuff to mull over.

Good luck, and welcome to Tech spot! You'll get fixed up if you stick around.

The most recent crashed at your video card driver, try updating or reinstalling. The other two are inconclusive. If they continue, wait till you get 3 or 4 before posting them.

Thank you, i just wish i could know what ur talking about, im not very good with pcs lol. I recently had a bad virus/spyware infection, could that be the cause, what if i dont have the video card driver?

Mark

Blue Screen Error 0x0000008E Again

Hey, its Mark again,

I now have relevant minidumps for you. If you could look at them and then give me a solution on how to fix it that would be great.

I am getting the Blue death Screen even more so now.

Please help me, this is a poxy laptop!

Thanks for any help and advice x

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    36.4 KB · Views: 10
All crashes point to memory issues, and one crash at your video card driver (nv4_displ.dll). Uninstall your video drivers, then use Driver Cleaner to remove all traces, and then reinstall the latest version.

Also download Memtest and check your RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back