Stop error on boot, Stop error while loading windows installer

By tibbs2
Jan 10, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a big challenge here for you guys. Here's the situation:

I shut down a computer while i was running scandisk on it. This caused corruption in the NTFS and now it boots to the blue screen with the error Stop: 0x00000024

I've tried all methods of safe boot and command prompt and receive the same error.

I tried to boot from the windows installation disk. When it attempts to load NTFS, it crashes to blue screen with the error Stop: 0x0000007B

Now here is where it gets tricky:

1. I'm in Japan and this computer is in Japanese.
    2. The only other computer I have access to is Japanese MacBook Air (1 usb port, no CD or floppy drive, Haven't used a mac in 9 years)

I've spent the last few hours researching a way to make one of my USB drives bootable for windows on my mac but havent figured it out.

I think I'm screwed here as I know all I need to do is run chkdsk or some form of it to repair the ntfs files but I can't conceive of a way to do it.

Thanks,
    Chris
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.