TechSpot

Stop error with blue screen at random times

By HotChoco
Oct 6, 2008
  1. hi there,

i sometimes experience the blue screen crash. i get this with both windows vista and xp on my sony vaio computer. sometimes i get bad_pool_caller, sometimes NON_PAGE_FAULT and the error code seems to be the same

i ran a windows memory diagnostic from microsoft and it says theres nothing wrong and everything "passes" so i am not sure whats going on.

i find that usually Utorrent triggers this error and sometimes Internet Explorer.and one time with Microsoft Word 2007

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    STOP:0x00000050 (0xBAD0B148, 0x00000000, 0x805BB452, 0x00000002

BAD_POOL_CALLER
    STOP :0x000000C2, 0x00000CD4, 0x02060001, 0x8614FF78)

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    STOP:0x00000050
    > a signed or unsigned driver can cause the “Stop: 0xC2”
    The best method for resolving this problem is to think about any new programs you have installed recently or new hardware devices that you have attached and that have installed a driver automatically. Try uninstalling any new programs you’ve added recently (by using the Add Or Remove Programs control panel) and unplug any hardware devices. Reboot your computer.

These may help:
    BAD_POOL_CALLER
    STOP :0x000000C2,

One of these may help.
    If this [information doesn't resolve the problem, you may get more help from posting your dump files and having someone assist you. I don't work with dump files.

3. HotChoco

HotChoco TS Rookie Topic Starter

where is the best place for me to store dump files, is rapidshare okay?

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Sorry, I don't do the minidumps. Did you try to resolve with the information I left?

5. HotChoco

HotChoco TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have my drivers up to date and i dont think its the drivers or the recent addition of programs. i havent added any new programs

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.