Stop Error With Usb Network Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

smu122

I recently installed a USB G Network Adapter Linksys. It has been working perfectly fine, as I just needed to update the drivers to Vista. A couple of weeks later, I started to receive this blue screen error upon restart,shutdown, sleep, ect.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Driver IRQL Not Less or Not Equal.

"Stop: 0X000000BE
rt2500usb.sys-Address BBD4AB44 base at BBD31000, Date5tamp 41de50d7"

I deduced that the problem was this adapter. I uninstalled all drivers and I removed the usb. The pc booted perfectly fine. Whenever I install the device, I receive this error.

How may i fix this problem? Thankyou all :D

Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT
HardDrive: 320GB

The link link590o gave in the sticky unfortunately didn't help me.

Thankyou very much for assisting me kimsland, however, i have been encountering problems when following the directions supplied. When I try to copy and replace the files to the windows folder, it states that I do not have permission. I turned off user account control and i still receive the error.

I also am having problems with step 3. "Right click on the WUSB54GS.inf file in your downloaded folder and select install."

When i do this i reveive a message that states. "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation."

Thanks for all the help.

You may need to Take Ownership of your Windows folder and grant yourself Full Control privileges

See these two links:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67717-take-ownership-file.html

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/101393-repair-vista-options-preferred-sequence.html

This workaround (ie alternative) is just a suggestion (that I hoped would work)

After getting the permissions sorted, and the file copied over.
Try the right click install again.
Whatever the outcome, then try re-inserting the adaptor.

If it's all a no go, then that's that I suppose. It'a all I could find on the subject.

Also please let me know how it goes (it might still work :) )

=)

I uninstalled all the drivers and registry for the usb adapter, and then reinstalled them incuding the one you provided. So far so good. I boot and reboot without any problems. Thankyou very much for you help, kimsland! :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back