Stops at the welcome screen

drecked

Hi Guy's , I cloned my hard drive a while ago so I have a spare and the clone was working nicely.
but when I changed over the other day as in unplugging the original and than plugging the clone in
it boots up till the welcome screen and there it stops ! Any one give me an idea what the problem
could be ? regards Drecked .

"so I have a spare and the clone was working nicely"... You tested the clone with the Windows setup? What program did you use to clone an active C drive?

Hi T magic ,It's a digitech computer docking station XC4695 you put the hardrive you want to clone in one slot as indicated
and in the other slot you put the loaded hard drive the only requirement is that the one you cloning to is a larger gigabyte
so I did from the 500 GB to a 1000 GB and than I put in a few programs etc it was working very well the yesterday when
wanted to add e few things it would not go past the welcome screen. (To be clear I clone from an active hard drive to a clean one)
done it a couple of times before no probs.

yes it sure is everything on the clone comes from the original which I'm using to communicate with you now Tm.

So I guess a reformat & clean in stall unless I could get it up and run driver genius.
or if I can do a system restore from a Safe mode start ?
Thanks for taking the time to try help me T magic salut Drecked

It would be good to try booting into the Safe Mode, but aren't the clones checked for accuracy after creation? If you can boot into Safe Mode successfully, it would point strongly to a driver fault

HI Tm , I decided to reformat and clean install I feel there was more than a driver missing the funny thing is that
it worked beautifully after the clone. Not to worry it definitely does now. And I appreciate you trying to help me
It's good thanks Tm ,salute drecked

Back