Strange Adblock plus situation

By learninmypc
May 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. First,I hope this is the correct place to post this, kinda new here.:)
    I have & use Firefox,Google Chrome & SeaMonkey. All 3 have their latest version of Adblock plus.When viewing the evening news at CBS, I'm able to view the first segment of it in Firefox & SeaMonkey, but once the first commercial break (blocked by Adblock) is over, (just a short break) I can continue hearing it,but CAN'T see anything.
    The exception to this is with Google Chrome. I can watch the entire news with just a short spot interruption for 60 minutes.
    I disabled Adblock Plus in SeaMonkey & was able to view it with minimal interruptions.
    Since it happened shortly after I updated to FF4.1 , I'm guessing its a bug with AdBlock plus. Any ideas besides removing AdBlock Plus?
    TIA.:)
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,113   +223

I've submitted an inquiry to adblock in hopes of an answer/solution.:)
  3. lewisje

lewisje Newcomer, in training

What filter lists do you use? Try to see what happens when you disable each one, and then submit your inquiry to the maintainer of that list.
  4. learninmypc

I believe it was called "The Easy List". . I recently tried Firefox in Safe Mode & viewed CBS news with no problems. Can you tell me how to "disable each one" if that is what I need to do? & thanks for your reply.
  5. learninmypc

I'm pleased to say that ALL is back to normal. I uninstalled & reinstalled AdBlock Plus in SeaMonkey & FF & both are working fine, thanks.:):grinthumb:D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.