Strange computer error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRavaioli

Hi I was looking for a little expert help with a little problem I've been having:
Ever since I bought a new shuttle xpc I've noticed a problem when running bit comet. If I start a file downloading and walk away from my computer for a couple of hours, I find that my computer is back at the login screen and when I log back on it tells me my computer recovered from a fatal error and asks me to send 2-3 error reports... the computer is all brand new, the motherboard, harddrive, cpu, ram... everything. I can't figure out what's wrong, can anyone help me by taking a look at my minidumps? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
-Matt

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    88.3 KB · Views: 5
i don't know if this will help but i also used to have DAEMON tools installed and an image mounted all the time.... I just uninstalled it as soon as I remembered I had it installed. I'll let you know if the problem resolves itself, but in the meantime, has anyone made any progress on my computer's problem? thanks

if anyone can help i'd appreciate it... this is driving me insane. i've done a system restore but it didn't change anything--it said i hadn't done anything in a week. I used a program called registry mechanic, could that be the culprit? has anyone made any progress on my minidump files?

53 views and no one has even a small piece of advice for me...? please i have to fix this computer i'm leaving for college in a few weeks and the last thing i need is for it to crash randomly on me

more information, i attached my system event log... it seems to always crash after i leave it on for extended periods of time--even though i have hibernate and standby mode shut off at this point. the only thing i have turned on is monitor shut off after 20 minutes but i turn my monitor off by hand before i leave the house anyway. i think i've given all the information i can give if you need more to help me ill do what needs to be done but i can't figure out this problem on my own... thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

An analysis of your last 6 minidumps shows the following.

2 minidumps crash at NVTcp.sys. This is the Nvidia ethernet driver. It is a known issue and maybe resolved by updating your mobo drivers. They both have a bugcheck of D1.

2 minidumps crash with an unknown image and have a bugcheck of D1.

2 minidumps crash at ntkrpamp.exe. This is the Windows nt & kernel system file. They have a bugcheck of 0A.

You could also try using a different torrent client.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

It is also possible you may have a ram problem.

If updating the Nvidia drivers and using a differnt torrent client doesn`t help.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back