Not open for further replies.

delfofthebla

First my PC specs.
nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Geforce 9600 GT
600W ATX12V PSU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500

Recently my PC has developed an issue that is plaguing it with crashes. I've only noticed this specific issue happen when playing the game Warcraft III, which is strange as my PC specs are much higher than what is needed for such an old game.

The textures will distort out of control and I will be left with blurred colors, sometimes the PC won't crash immediately, but rather after I do something that involves a major graphics change. (IE: opening a video game or pressing "show desktop") My mouse is one of the peculiar aspects of the distortion, as it also is distorted. My mouse will look as if it blew up, and there will be colors around it that weren't there before.

Naturally one would suspect the video card, but that's where I'm stumped. Recently I purchased a set of ram, (same ones I'm using now) and a new video card (Geforce GTX 260). The Ram was DoA, so I RMA'd it and have yet to receive a pair that actually works in my computer. The video card seemed to work fine but after a week this issue started. I RMA'd the card and shipped it out, putting my old card back in. And then it started up...again. With a completely different card that has worked fine for over a year.

My friend suggested this could also be caused by my Ram or processor. I did a memtest and left it on over night (10 hours) I awoke to "0 errors". I just ran a program called "CPU Stability test" and it ran for 11 hours, no errors.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Sounds like video card or memory... But it could be a cpu fan, incorrect thermal paste, bad cable..
Everything needs to be tested in a systematic fashion... But it has to be a hardware iisue...
I would run MemTest 86 one more time, on one module at a time... for four hours or 7 passes, which ever is longer... and no going to bed while it runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back