Strange download in 8 step guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ididmyc600

when downloading malwarebytes program, it wants me to download a PHP file.?

something screwey or is that the file i need ?

Incredible! I wonder how long this has been this way :confused:

Thanks for letting me know, I'll inform Julio, as I cannot update the link to https://www.techspot.com/downloads/223-avast-home-edition.html (I can only edit forum posts and threads)

Also, maybe when Internet Explorer officially goes version 8 you should update
Really, for your security, it's best to do all Windows updates all the time, if running Windows. ie It's not just Internet Explorer that updates.

Thanks for bringing up this to our attention. The Avast download entry received its last update in mid-December when I imagine the incorrect link was posted. It's now been corrected.

As for the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware download link, because we host that locally we use an anti-leeching script that may not be too friendly to legacy browsers. I will add a secondary mirror using the developer's server to avoid issues with users that are still relying on older browsers.

Always happy to point out things that dont work, especially in something like the virus section.

Im rethinking my IE situation and may go for IE7 after all, is it possible to still have the IE6 type page with the updates of IE7 on it ?

You should upgrade to a browser that doesn't crash or slowdowns constantly, seriously.

Make your pick: Firefox or Opera both work wonderfully compared to IE.

Thats the thing Julio, IE6 has never crashed , never misbehaved and is as far as i know a very reliable browser, i understand that IE7 and FF and OP are less prone to passing infections etc but i really only go here, a forum that i MOD and my works mail page.

Am i seriously risking anything by not upgrading or using one of alternatives.

Or is MS and FF just trying to frighten us into using the latest browser update just to improve their figures ?

Well, I can tell you IE6 is not fully compatible with this very site :(
Or at least a few horrible workarounds were needed to make it almost seamless.

That's basically where I'm coming from since I'm assuming you won't get easily infected as you know what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back