Strange issue with PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC started acting up this afternoon. The screen went out like a cable came loose or something, checked the cables and all was good so I tried to turn off but didn't work so switched off in the back and when I tried to turn it back on it didn't boot up but you could hear it running. So I decided to take the PC apart and clean it thinking maybe it was dusty/dirty. I took the power unit off and opened it and cleaned all the dust and dirt out with some can air. I then put everything back together except now the computer won't turn on at all. The mother board has a green light on when the computer is plugged up so I believe its getting power but when I push the power button nothing. I removed everything except my DVD drive and hard drive in case of conflicts but still nothing.

I have an ASUS P4S800-MX mother board with 2 gigs of ram. Up until this I had not had any issues with my PC

It would be good if you could arrange for a different PSU to test. It seems like the power supply may be at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back