Strange problem including both BSOD and XP recovery prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

aSAntharas

--Short description of the problem..
My computer keeps on crashing again and again and every 5-6 times it crashes i have

to repair it from inside the recovery console or else i can't log in to

Windows!(either BSOD or prompts to use XP recovery)

--Specs..
First of all it is a desktop, Windows XP Pro SP3 and it is quite "young" (1.5 years

old). Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz, 2.00GB of RAM Physical

Address Extension

--The akward thing about it..
I haven't had any other serious problems apart from that. I am a computer scientist

student myself and i although i have fixed so many errors in the past, it's the first

time that i experience this one. It is so strange that it crashes so often and even

more akward that every time it crashes it somehow loses some system files (i suppose)

and it requires WINDOWS REPAIR.

--What i have tried..
1) I have tried fixing some registry and other problems with Advanced SystemCare

professional, and i tried scaning (chkdsk /r) and defraging my disk many times.

+Didn't Work!
2) I have tried searching the Internet for something similar so that i use their

walkthrough. +Didn't Work!
3) I have tried antimalware and security programs hoping it was a trojan or a common

virus. +Did't Work!
4) I have tried closing most of the applications running in the background

(proccesses) and let the pc download for a while to see what happens. GUESS WHAT?

+Didn't Work! (Rebooted again and needed windows repair!)
5) I tried opening the "tower" and cleaning it in case it was some kind of hardware

malfunction. +Didn't Work!
6) I tried hitting it with a hammer (JUST KIDDING) :p

Well none of the above worked and i am in a really difficult situation because i have

my diploma study (including program, settings, activation code) and i can't move itn

on any other computer because i will need a new activation code and i will have to

rearrange all the settings from the beggining (which almost took me 2 days).

--Thanks..
I want to thank you so much in advance for taking time to help me solve this critical

problem.

Michael

Here are the dumpfiles (which strangely enough were in the C:\WINDOWS folder and notin the C:\WINDOWS\minidump folder)

What BSOD code are you getting?

all kinds of them.. :p

1) PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA (ntfs.sys)

2) pfn list corrupt -> this one is the most common

even when i tried to repair windows i got this one
3) PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA (setupdd.sys)

I am sure that my memCards are ok cause i checked them twice and three times on other PCs and they dont seem to cause problems..

I suspect that this has to do sth with the temperature of my CPU or sth but my indicator shows 31.1 C

Thanks for the notice kimsland BUT i dont have such a folder (C:\Windows\minidump) :p

As for the automatic restart, i have already turned it off.

(sorry if i don't know some things said here but i study Computer Science , NOT COMPUTER ENGINEERING :p )

Backup all User data and clean install, here's the guide:

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

* Warning deleting the Partition will remove all User data and Windows system files

Well i state what the problem is in doing a "clean install", in my firts post:

"..i am in a really difficult situation because i have

my diploma study (including program, settings, activation code) and i can't move itn

on any other computer because i will need a new activation code and i will have to

rearrange all the settings from the beggining (which almost took me 2 days)."

Download HijackThis https://www.techspot.com/downloads/317-trend-micro-hijackthis.html
Run a scan only and post back the log as an Attachment
attach.gif
in a new reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back