Strange problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

temir

I've posted this already in the VIRUS section and i was told that it seems that there's nothing suspicious on my PC and i was redirected to the Windows forum. So i forward the same post here:

"I've done the scans and prepared the log files.
Well, i have some problems on my PC.
I have Windows XP Media Center, Service Pack 2.
Recently, a week ago, my windows crashed and did'nt want to work/start. I tried to Recover the windows and the only thing that i could do was, form the Recovery console/dos, to replace a system/configuration file.
I replaced this file:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system with C:\WINDOWS\repair\system

Fortunately after this process my Windows worked again! And that was GREAT at that moment. But now, for example, i can't install Dreamweaver CS5, that i downloaded yesterday. I click on the set-up.exe but nothing happens... Than i try to "Run As..." me again, 'cause i'm the only user of the PC, and it gives me an error from Adobe: The installer can't be initialized. And i have also other similar problems now. I can't uninstall Dreamweaver CS4 that doesn't work anymore after my windows crash and also other programs.

So i don't know what to do and if there's a virus on my PC or something else.
I hope that i explained well my problem.

Thank you very much!!!"

"And another thing that i noted right now. I am the administrator of the computer and the only user, but when i open Emule P2P program it says "Your computer administrator can unblock this program for you". So there's an identity/account problem. What can i do with that?"

Broni from the VIRUS section:
"I don't really see anything suspicious here, so I suggest, you start new topic at Windows forum."

Update to Service Pack 3. There are a number of newer software releases that will not work on XP unless it is fully updated.

I'm agree with you, but i think that is another problem.
I mean, i can't even start my Emule program, i reinstalled it. I can't start anymore my programs that worked before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back