Strange XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinez1708

ok, i was on my computer like normal. I've had it since 10/13/2007. now everything was going fine and i was playing Warcraft 3. Then the computer locks up on me and cant ctrl+alt+del. so i had to hard restart. now some how it rolled it self back the 10/13/07. my hard drives still have all program files and can access it directly from the HDD but all information on the start menu is gone

Start by resetting the time:

Right click on clock> Adjust Date/Time> Time Zone tab> Make sure your correct Time Zone is set> check 'Automatically adjust time for Daylight Savings Time'> Internet Time tab> check 'automatically synchronize with internet time server'> copy this Time server and paste it in server box: tick.usno.navy.mil
Click on Update now> Apply> OK.

If the time correction holds, you're okay. If not, it sounds like it's gone back to factory reset which would be why you're not seeing a full start menu.

You can also try doing a System Restore to date right before this happened. Let us know if corrections fix problems.

got it thanks, what was happening is that i have two HDD's that both have XP on it but one had a missing boot file so it would always go and boot off the other, well i guess by some strange miracle it fixed itself and now it would boot directly off of it instead of the good HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back