Stressful memory error, need expert help ASAP

go0se

Hi, I'm struggling with an extremely confusing and stressful problem. I'm new to these forums, and hope someone is this community will help me.

So anyway, I play the game Counter Strike Source Half Life 2.. etc, any Steam powered games relating, and I receive this following error:

The instruction at "0x1264d254" referenced at "0x0e458998". The memory could not be 'read'.
This happens before i join a game or right before it enters into the video stress test.

I feel like I've tried every solution known to man and I could really use some help here.

Some Specs: (everything is up to date)
Windows XP Home: SP3
AMD Sempron 3000+ Processor [1.81ghz]
Nvidia Geforce4 MX 4000 graphics
960 MB ram (2, 512MB ram chips DDR memory)

Anything else you'd need to know I can give the info on.
I am open to any help anyone can give me.

Thanks in Advance. & Please don't post if you have the same problem for that is no help to me.

Every Source game made by Valve has been updated to the 2009 Source engine. meaning you video card is no longer within the minimum requirements

Than what video card would you recommend for cheap?

and are you certain? I would hate to go off and spend the money and still get the error

Thanks for the help, but the graphix card to recommended to me is DDR2, I think my copmputer only supports PCI DDR graphics. Any other suggestion? or will that one be fine?

The ram on your computer and in the video card can be different, it wont cause any problems. Also the Geforce4 MX 4000 is only DX8.0 while CSS and HL2 need DX8.1 or higher.

ok great, also my power source might be a 275 watt output or something.. anything there?

The 6200 doesn't require any external power. it will get all of its power from the motherboard. It might be a good idea to clean out your computer case and power supply with a can of air.

Thanks alot dustin, this graphics card works great and I can finally play the game again,
just a little choppy and not very high fps.

Back