TechSpot

stuck at startup -plz help-

By intel_908
Sep 1, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi , i have a big problem. I have to reset my computer because when i start it i see the usual computer's logo and it jams there !! :mad: I can't get into bios. Can't do anything. I just want to boot with my win xp cd. Could I be able to reset my hard drives manually or something like that? Please help me !!!
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

If you take a look at your manual it will tell you how to clear the cmos, that may get it going again.
  3. tomrca

tomrca Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,051

there is a post by 'rick' elite member of staff here
  4. Rik

Yer quote tomrca, half man half biscuit by any chance??
  5. intel_908

intel_908 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

tried clearing the cmos , doesn't work and in rick's topic we have to boot from the windows cd and i can't boot any cd from where i am!!!!
  6. tomrca

are you leaving the CD in when re-booting? that is, switch off, leave the CD in then re-boot and press any key, or continue trying with other keys. its hard to visualise some problems.
    perhaps you could try this.... get hold of a second HD and install it, (even if its just borrowed), change the original drive to total slave, then format that with the borrowed drive..IOLA! clean drive. fingers crossed;)
  7. tomrca

don't know what ya mean!:confused:
  8. Rik

you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead

It was a line in a song by a band called half man half biscuit.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.