Stuck on a black screen saying "Reboot and select proper boot device...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading though alot of forms and google alot on this subject for a while and i noticed that alot of people have diffrent reasons behind this and diffrent problems.

Mine started this morning my computer made 4 short beeps I knew that it ment an error with something and well I googled and found out i had to remove all my removalbe chips like ram and video card... to see if it had dust, well all i did was remove the Ram chips or card one by one and check to see if they had dust well they didn't have any dust that i could see but i went ahead and cleaned them a bit with a Swiffer =p

well my computer loaded up so much faster (before the beeps my computer was taking nearly 2 to 3 hrs to load up from the frist screen to the desktop screen) but now it won't start windows it just takes me to a black screen saying "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" I hit every key on my key bored and only one key made a beep every time i hit it the print screen key but thats besides the point, another thing is i'm not very smart with computers I fail with them big time but I really care about this computer because a friend of mine but no longer talk to built it for me and programed it etc. and really care to keep it working for if the day comes he forgives me he can see that i really dedicated alot to keeping a healthy computer, and well i got recovery cds for windows xp but donno if it will work with this one since its a diffrent computer I donno what else to say so plz help id greatly apprciate it

Umm My system is
AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core processor
Windows XP

and thats all i know about it

thanks again for taking the time to at least read

Go into your BIOS and see if your harddrive is enabled (along with the CD/DVD drives). Check your cable connections.

Cables: They connect your peripherals like harddrive and CD/DVD drives to your motherboard. Make sure that they are firmly connected to the devices as well as to the motherboard.

As for the BIOS do you have another friend who knows computers?

okay umm I donno which one it is but it says Foxconn, and the little fan on the middle says AMD and there is a little chip taht says Foxconn DigitalLife, it also has 3fans 2 on the side and one on big on on the back,

I was also trying to figure out the cables last night but and tried to turn it on, still gave me the same black screen i went into the bios looking at all the details and shortly after my screen just stayed blue I donno lol I think i must of made it worse.... I am not suppose to be touching the little fan on the middle or anything around it with my hands right?

Okay i found it...

Operating system: Windows 2.5.1.2600 (SP 3)
CPU type: AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor
CPU Speed (GHz): 2.319
System memory (GB): 2.999
Graphics card model: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
Graphics card driver: ati2dvag.dll
Desktop resolution: 1024x768
Hard disk size (GB): 465.752
Hard disk free space (GB): 376.073

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back