TechSpot

Student hacker charged for his involvement with Anonymous

By Julio Franco
Aug 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Peter Gibson, a 22-year old student from Hartlepool, England has been charged by British Police for his involvement in the Distributed Denial of Service attacks on payment companies back in…

Read the whole story

2. inb4 I hate Anonymous.

But really, if Anonymous wants to even change anything they are going to have to keep doing things on the level of the HBGary attacks or better than that. This DDoS crap isn't doing anything but annoying people.

3. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

I wonder what will this will lead to in the next 2 months..

4. The more often they play the fool and lash out, the more information they leave behind for the police to follow.. so go for it you bunch of uber geeks.

5. funny how fast these losers want to be big guys yet sell out there friends once they face legal action. i expect a lot more arrests coming.

6. DeliciousPie

DeliciousPie TS Member Posts: 41

Jailing him for 10 years will create a martyr.

7. matrix86

matrix86 TS Guru Posts: 812   +26

......um, how have they sold anyone out? They didn't turn the guy in. I'm not standing up for them, just trying to figure out how you came upon that thought process.

8. tomcolgan

tomcolgan TS Rookie

IF he goes to jail anonymous will more than likely attack on a much wider scale until he is released

9. @tomcolgan
    All they'll do is DDoS.
    There are new countermeasures to that since their last attacks