Students: buy a new PC, get an Xbox 360 free

By Matthew
May 22, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has renewed an academic promotion from last May that offers students the chance to bag a free Xbox 360 when purchasing a computer. Assuming you can prove your enrollment...

Read the whole story
  2. Yes, I'm sure students will definitely improve their study habits buy enticing them with a free xbox 360 when buying a laptop..
  3. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Why would I want free faulty hardware with a poor library of games?
  4. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 785   +86

To sell and make a profit from it :p
  5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 761   +178

I knew it would require atleast a $700 desktop.
    Almost thought it was a deal there for a second.
  6. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 761   +178

@ ramonsterns: Quit your bitchin. The new 360S console is quiet and reliable and the library of games for a 360 is very, very good.
  7. It's not actually free. Dell, HP, and anyone else participating in the program just upped the price to cover the costs of the XBox360 package deal and claim it is "free". I checked with some sources today about this.

Sorry folks, no free lunches allowed, even though these companies are making money hand over fist.
  8. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 530

the new xbox 360s have a much much much much lower failure rate than the launch

if you get a NEW 360 today and it fails toy are very very unlucky (same with new PS3 systems)
  9. Translation: "Please stop playing PC games! We don't make any middleman $$, we can't control all of the content, and we can't scam you for multiplayer!"

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.