Study finds no link between brain cancer and cell phone use

By Jos
Oct 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. A new study by the Institute of Cancer Epidemiology in Denmark suggests there is no link between brain cancer and the use of mobile phones. The study looked at more than…

Read the whole story
  2. andy06shake

andy06shake TechSpot Maniac Posts: 325

of course they dont cause brain cancer, or anything else!!! Cant sell mob phones if they do, eh?
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,231   +314

They had the wrong test subjects. Should have used 15 year old girls who seem to have their cell phones permanently implanted on their ears. :p
  4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Thank you. Danish businessmen are hardly the representative cell phone user in 2011.

Romans probably thought they were very clever about getting fresh water piped into their homes...in lead pipes.
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,889   +609

Actually the romans didn't have problems with lead pipes because their water had so much calcium that a protective layer formed in the pipes.

Anyway... I'll file this one right next to vaccine's cause autism, butter is worse than partially hydroginated margarine, and aspertame's cancer links.

Maybe this team will do airport security scanners next.
  6. Cell phones may not cause cancer, but I'm convinced that cell phones and texting cause "stupidity".
  7. nelldnine

nelldnine Newcomer, in training

which is equal to cancer?
  8. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

The difference is that vaccines have been used for decades and proven to be safe.

There have been NO studies done on the long terms effects of cell phone use on developing minds as brain cancer, Alzheimers, etc, typically take decades to manifest, which is about 30-40 years away for even the earliest adopters of cell phones.

The point is not that cell phones ARE dangerous, the point is that not enough time has passed with this new technology in order to rule out long term problems.

Once we pass the midpoint of this century, then we can start making informed statements about the long term effects of cell phone use.

I know that you want to believe that they're safe, but the data is still not there. Most kids did not get cell phones until MAYBE ten years ago, and for most it was sooner than that. Sorry, but you're not going to be able to extrapolate anything about the long term effects of cell phone use until those kids get old.
  9. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,135   +276 Staff Member

Even then those that do will just get told they were holding them wrong … sorry I couldn’t help myself :(

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.