Study says most "black hat" hackers don't believe what they do is wrong

By Justin Kahn
Aug 14, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. A recent study has come up with some interesting numbers regarding the way black hat hackers think of themselves and thier arguably malicious activities. A password security software company known as Thycotic conducted a survey during this year's Black Hat 2014 that says...

Read more
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

So what's the average age of a hacker and do they still live with their Mom? :p
    stewi0001 and psycros like this.
  3. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +58

New study shows 100% of hackers use computers.
    PC nerd and cliffordcooley like this.
  4. Well I would rather see politicians thrown in jail, than hackers. They are allowed to fleece their own citizens of their hard earned cash, but it's fine, because they make the laws and loopholes to suit them.
    Is that not a form of hacking, finding a weakness and exploiting it? So politics is social economic hacking?

A road may be dangerous, but no one spends money on lights, warnings, and safety aspects, until plenty of people have died.
    Hackers, will be hunted like dogs when either, they kill plenty of people, or, more likely, when someone up high has his life threatened to be exposed.
    PC nerd likes this.
  5. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,295   +663

Some of them are already hunted like dogs but when their caught you won't hear about it. Their usually given a choice: work for the government or never be heard from again.
  6. FF222

FF222 TS Booster Posts: 83   +29

7. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 487   +122

Yeah we already knew thy were delusional tell s something knew. I still hate the white hat hackers more, every single one I have met is a prick, they all have massive ego's.
  8. You forgot to include "are they virgins?".
  9. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,291   +55

I think the militaries hack, including the us military.
  10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,455   +1,758

Do ne'er do well hackers really wear black hats? What happens when a "white hat hacker" wants to infiltrate a "black hat hackers" group? Does he or she simply change their hat color? :confused:
  11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Seems logical!
  12. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

Internet is free, so the logical sense was that what you upload was free domain. But in the past is was BBB with PKWARE and PKZIP days. Today things have change. New word is call Streaming. Storage is called Cloud.
  13. JudaZ

JudaZ TS Enthusiast Posts: 284

Makes me think of old SPY vs SPY :)
  14. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,455   +1,758

Now that you mention it, me too.....[​IMG]