Study: Social media fiends more likely to email

By Matthew
Sep 29, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A new study by Nielsen suggests that social media junkies spend more of their day emailing than those who don't partake in social networking. This is interesting, because many see modern social networking services as an alternative to the aging email protocol.

Read the whole story
  2. I'm not the best speller...but last I checked, "Friend" is spell F R I E N D
  3. ^ looks like someone does not know what "fiend" means.
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,042   +84 Staff Member

Heh, for once, someone corrected me and I'm not in the wrong. Somehow, "Study: Social media friends more likely to email" just doesn't have the same ring. Thanks for the feedback, though :).
  5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,376   +825

If friends are friendly, does that make fiends fiendly?

Come to think of it, that's why I come to Techspot, because I don't have that many close fiends near my home..... :rolleyes:

Yep, anybody that is obsessive compulsive enough to feel the need to share the mundane details of their mundane existence through "tweeting" incessantly, is likely a "fiend", but with paranoid delusions of "friendhood". "I tweet, therefore I am", (annoying).
  6. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

"Yep, anybody that is obsessive compulsive enough to feel the need to share the mundane details of their mundane existence through "tweeting" incessantly, is likely a "fiend", but with paranoid delusions of "friendhood". "I tweet, therefore I am", (annoying). "

I rather think I would like to make a bumper sticker out of that.....a really long bumper sticker.
  7. BrownPaper

BrownPaper Newcomer, in training Posts: 467

The poster complaining about how the word should have been "friend" is a *****. Fiend is similar to an obsessive compulsive fanatic. Like a crack fiend or druggy. Fiend is the perfect word for those losers who check their facebook or twitter accounts every 2 minutes.
  8. greyd

greyd Newcomer, in training

Ok, this article would be interesting if social sites were primarily used for business as email is used. The world engages in more business than updating your status on facebook.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.