TechSpot

StumbleUpon expands its discovery tool to Android apps

By Emil
Nov 5, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. StumbleUpon, traditionally known as a website discovery tool, is expanding its repertoire to include application discovery on the Android Marketplace. As with all crowdsourced software, StumbleUpon's app isn't very good from the get go, but it partially solves the problem by pulling from a set of existing Android app databases.

Read the whole story
  2. mtrenal

mtrenal TS Rookie Posts: 45

This seems like a really good idea to me. All that most apps need is someone to discover them before they become big hits.

On the other hand, it might take awhile to sift through all those random (and probably not useful) apps in the beginning before there's any data to influence which apps you stumble on more often.
  3. Decimae

Decimae TS Rookie Posts: 79

You will probably see those random and not useful apps anyway, if you browse through the android market. I do think this is great.
  4. Jetatt23

Jetatt23 TS Rookie Posts: 28

This is a really cool idea, as many are stating, but that's the last thing I need is another timesink from SU :p
  5. AbsolutGaloot

AbsolutGaloot TS Rookie Posts: 92

stumbleupon is super awesome, but I had to forcibly abstain from it after I realized that I was wasting all of my free time just clicking the stumble button

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.