Stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've got a problem with my laptop and I have no idea what more I can try. The laptop is new and, for some reason, unstable. There are several diffrent things that happen during the crashes.

Occasionally the screen will freeze and abruptly change to many small boxes (see attached photo). When this happens the only way to stop it is reboot.

Web browsers constantly crash (IE, Firefox, and Safari) at seemingly random times.

There is also the occasional BSOD.

I've already updated all drivers, run Memtest86+, started checking through the hundreds of error reports, but nothing really seems to be helping.

Can anyone please help me?!

Sys info:

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo T5850 @ 2.16 GHz 2.17 GHz
Chipset: SiS SIS 671DX + 968
Ram Speed: 3 GB
GPU: ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 3470,

I don't know what else could be helpful, if you need more info let me know!

Thanks!

Attachments

• CIMG4362.jpg
    CIMG4362.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 5
That picture you posted looks like the video adapter is failing, or there's an issue with the motherboard.
Also, you said it's new, which means it's under warranty. I would call the manufacture, it may be a known issue.

You said it Blue Screens. Do you have any of the codes(0x00000A, etc) or messages (BAD_POOL_HEADER) it shows?
Is your computer set for "Small memory Dump" (System Properties -> Advance -> Startup and Recovery Settings) and do you have any minidumps (C:\windows\minidumps)?

Here are the last minidumps.

As for the blue screen, I don't have the information, but next time it does it I'll write it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back