TechSpot

stupid mistake

By chronic_pookie
Aug 26, 2006
  1. im trying to revive my files from a hard drive i can no longer boot from. these files are private and i can't get into em. anyway to get past that? btw, i have home. so i don't have the security tab. i'd rather have pro, but this is all i got right now

plus for some reason my safe mode won't work...not sure if that'll mess anything up

or...the reason i can't boot from it is that i have no display from that hard drive...its just a blank screen when i try to boot from it...is there anyway to re-enable my graphics card?

2. fastco

fastco TS Rookie Posts: 1,118

I'm not sure I understand your problem but, Boot off of the XP cd and attempt to do a repair of the current windows installation. Does the computer go into the POST screen? (Power On Self Test where you see the processor type, memory etc....)

3. maniac_lonestar

maniac_lonestar TS Rookie Posts: 118

4. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 716

Plug HDD into another computer and extract important date, then reinstall windows with the windows CD. On reinstalling windows, check the Tutorial section, I made a nice tutorial on that.

Regards,

Korrupt

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.