Stupid moves you made in a game

Route44

Thief: The Dark Project. I am in Constantine's, House chapter 4, and I have an array of deadly items on me one of which were those bombs that if you threw them they would make a whirring sound and then a click to let you know it was set and armed. Nothing lived once they went off.

Now all items had a letter or number assigned to them and as I was walking forward I accidently hit the keyboard # assigned to the bombs and one went out in front of me and set. So far, so good. Then I walked forward... :eek:

Can you say reload? :'(

So now we can't say I-d-I-o-t-I-c?

I used to play a lot of ARMA II multiplayer. Most of the games I joined were heavily modded and very realistic. ARMA II players are sticklers for authenticity. So things that would be easy enough to do on games like MW2 -- walking through doorways with a full load of gear on you, for instance, or just plain hiding behind a concrete wall when you're carrying an LMG and ammo -- are easier said than done in ARMA II.

In one of the first ever scenarios I dared play online, my AI is part of a special forces recon team sent into enemy territory to "observe" the doings of an HVT. The team is compromised and must hole up in a small house to await air support and evacuation. Soon enough, the house is surrounded by hostiles. The house is small and all six of us are jammed into a small room.

At one point, I am asked to lob a grenade out a small window that is supposed to be part of my "sector". I'd been playing some MW2 at the time and had thought throwing a grenade out the window in ARMA would be as simple a task to complete as it was in MW2. So I just threw it out there. The grenade bounced off a wall and rolled into the middle of the room which my team was occupying. I actually heard one of my teammates say into his microphone, "I told you she was bad news..." :D:D

I killed myself and took the entire team with me. Good thing my teammates had a sense of humor.

I'm gonna sound like a Skyrim junkie here, but I think I made the most common mistake anyone ever does:

*Me wandering around in the outskirts of Whiterun in the early stages of the game*
*spot a giant lumbering around in the near distance*
"Oh look, a giant. yeah, I'm a level 9, I can probably take him"

*a short while later*
"In recent news, Skyrim's new space program has been 'launched' in an exciting start, thanks to a giant with a huge club sending a level 9 noob into orbit. Now, onto the weather report..."

Most of mine come from mainly "cooking" grenades for too long in games and being blown to bits. Although just a few days ago I was wrapping up the platinum trophy on final XIII; I spent around 4 hours moving and upgrading my weapons and accessories around while following a guide until at the last moment buying the wrong type of item costing me all my Gil.

I was lucky I could reload and start over but boy it still hurt.

So now we can't say I-d-I-o-t-I-c?

It's been blocked for a bit, but I don't believe it should be. I raised the issue a few weeks back but Julio's been busy (he's on a business trip in Korea at the moment). For now, I've replaced the word with a synonym in your title.

As for stupid moves I've made in games: there are too many to count.

Although just a few days ago I was wrapping up the platinum trophy on final XIII; I spent around 4 hours moving and upgrading my weapons and accessories around while following a guide until at the last moment buying the wrong type of item costing me all my Gil.

I was lucky I could reload and start over but boy it still hurt.
Yeah the weapons upgrading system is really terrible in FFXIII, there's no logical way to figure out how to get the best stuff and you're just jumping through hoops from a guide.

I've killed too many people from friendly fires to count in BF3...

Back