stupid popups

By da_head
Dec 19, 2005
  1. i keep on gettin annoyin pop ups and don't no wat to do!! i have spybot, microsoft anti-spyware, ad-aware, and norton systemworks 2004 yet nothing gets rid of it. someone plz help me!!!!!
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

What kind of pop ups and wehn? if it si while you are browsing the net then you need a pop up blocker. or switch to Firefox that has a built in pop up blocker.
  3. agronick

agronick TS Rookie Posts: 92

Hi I'm new here.

Try this:
    1 Go to start > run and type msconfig
    2 A Window will open. Click on the tab that says services
    3 Uncheck anything that looks bad. A good tip is to check hide all Microsoft services and uncheck everything.
    4 Click the startup tab. Uncheck anything that looks bad. You can uncheck everything here and your computer should be fine.
    5 Exit the window and press restart.

-This is also a VERY good way for speeding up your computer even if you do not have viruses. A lot of commercial programs put their own little piece of crap that will check for updates or check to see if a device is plugged in here. And this is a free way that almost always works for getting rid of adware and spyware.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.