Stupmed with my integrated chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
since no one looked at my last thread, i'll post it again with a different title....

I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio PCG-K47 laptop. Like an *****, i wasn't paying attention to the graphics card. It is only has 64 MB of video memory. Needless to say it sucks ***. I'm looking to either upgrade the hardware, or find a software solution somehow to "share" my system memory. I have 1 GB of RAM, so thats not an issue. The only hardware option I might have is either USB or a PCMCIA Cardbus Slot type II/I. My graphics card is integrated on my motherboard, so I am all out of ideas. Please help?

You can't upgrade your graphics card in your laptop... Only the latest and greatest notebooks has that option...

You could possibly get it to use more of the system memory, enter the bios and look around for any video ram settings... It'll be slower than the dedicated graphics ram, but should let you play some games with better settings...

Oh, and we're not really too keen on creating a new thread if noone posts in the old one. Instead you should just bump the old thread so that it'll move to the top...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back