Subwoofer doesn't work sometimes

I recently bought a loudspeakers system...but I have some problems...At first the subwoofer was working properly but then it stopped working.The next time I used it was working again and now still not working so sometimes it works and some other not...What should I do? Thank you in advance

make sure the problem is not the soundsystem...and also tell us which sound card u have ? like realtek IDT or whatever

my soundcard is realtek high definition audio and the speakers are teac-xt6 they are 5.1 the problem still remains ...e.g. the woofer worked two days ago for an hour or something and then stopped again.

u should try to isolate the problem...hook the speakers up to something other than ur pc... also, on ur PC open the realtek control panel (just search for REALTEK in ur start menu) and make sure u have speaker configuration set to 5.1 speaker...also try enabling/disabling BASS MANAGEMENT to see if it has any effect.. I would also want to check the cables connecting the sound system to the pc
Capture-5.jpg

it's just the same as yours from realtek...my sub-woofer has 3 exits 1 for the front pair 1 for the rear pair and the other one for the cent &sub...

im not sure then, the only thing that can get u further is trying to connect the speakers to something other than ur pc to see if the sub works

The problem is likely the crossover settings. You very likely will notice that the sub works in Games and Movies that have a 5.1 dedicated sound stream (Dolby Digital/DTS). In Windows, set your fronts and rears to small. This should reroute the lower frequencies to the sub woofer. (go to playback devices and click "configure" on your default one)

EDIT: untick the checkboxes in the realtek config screen as seen above that say "full range speakers". Doing this will not put the full range of sound to your fronts and rears (ie, high and low range frequencies) and will put the low range out on the sub like it's supposed to be.
TIP: Just because your speakers are big, don't tell Windows/Realtek that if you want to actually USE your sub ;)

Thank you for your help! I tried this and nothing happend! my subwoofer is still not working! what should I do? :(

Back