Sucessfully connected New Laptop to router - Still can't access internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just got a New Laptop (for Christmas) So I tried to connect to the Internet...

At first I tried to connect it Wirelessly to my Router. The Laptop found my Router so I type in my WPA/WEP Key and I've sucessfully connected, it even said my connection was 'Excellent' and the Signal bar was full.

So when I click on Internet Explorer it gives me the 'Internet Explorer cannot display this Webpage' and when I try and then tells me the problem cannot be automatically repaired when I dianogse (excuse my spelling) the problem. I then directly connected it through an Ethernet Cable with the same results...

To be honest I think it's the Vista software blocking me from the Internet, I've had no problems connecting PC's with XP to the internet before.

Please help

Remove and reinstall all your drivers for the router or modem, then reinstall your WPA codes. Also check to be sure that has not been a firmware upgrade to the router.

Remove and reinstall all your drivers for the router or modem, then reinstall your WPA codes. Also check to be sure that has not been a firmware upgrade to the router.
Unless you are connected to the router using a USB connection, there is no software for the router (it's pure TCP off the NIC connection).

Vista network has a new Network Wizard and settings described here

You should FIRST use a wired connection to the router to insure the correct TCP and firewall settings for Internet access. After that, your wireless will much easier to configure successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back