Sudden boot up after normal shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen this on any forum or on any computer I have built.

After doing a fresh install of XP (w/ SP2), Everything runs just fine on my ASUS P5AD2-E Mobo. I have a Prescott 775 3.2ghz and Corsair TwinXPro (on ASUS QVL).

When I do a normal shut down the whole system fowers down. All the lights, fans etc. power down as normal. About 2-3 seconds later the system powers itself up again (everything boots up normally).

I also have a ASUS P5AD2 board and it is doing the same thing. I have re-built this system with a new case, Power Supply, Hard Drive and Heat Sink Fan. I even tried a Antec Neo Power 480 that has a native 24 ATX power connector - just in case.

To no avail this problem persists. I have no heat issues. The only things that are the same are the following: 1) Same DDR2 RAM by Corsair, 2) Same CPU, 3) Same Windows XP Pro SP2 Install (Tried installing as Raid0 and AHCI Drive).

Installed latest Drivers and Intel IAA for Raid and AHCI controller. Tried No Sound Card, and Sound Card but same problem.

Has anyone ever seen this problem before????

Powers downs and restarts are easy to fix but this is a real puzzler.

Banther :confused:

Nice Name

I had a problem sorta like yours awhile back. A teacher was complaining of the same problem. If found out it was a problem with the BIOS. BIOS was set to reboot after power failure, thus making it turn on after it was turned off, despite
no power failure. Im not sure if that is something you looked past. Good Luck

Sean

I noticed your name, do you mean banthafodder? as in star wars? Thats a good one :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back